Wednesday 7 November 2007

HW MUCH OF A PLURALIST AM I?

(Even though I believe I am more of a Marxist than I am a pluralist, which makes me sound pessimistic LOL I swear down Marxist sounds like sum random rude swear word LOL )
As a pluralist I believe that as individuals and specific audiences we pick what we watch as we have a diverse range of programmes to watch or not watch. We have different media texts to pick from, from moving texts (TV) to radio to the internet to the newspaper (print). We are an active audience and have choices, many people don’t watch big brother because they may think it’s a waste of time, but m ay watch something educational like a wildlife programme or the news channels. Overall we have so much to choose from. As we have become much more media literate and educated we know if something has a message behind it, we won’t believe it. When we realise that someone’s trying to brainwash (like George bush and America) we don’t believe it. As individuals we know the difference between right and wrong. The media is just a fourth estate which is only there to inform the public like the news.

No comments: