Friday 30 November 2007

Blumler and Katz and me

Blumler + Katz (1974)

Why audience members might consume a text

4 main reasons suggested

  • Diversion-as a route of escapism from reality

For myself, would be something like the Simpson’s, as it has nothing to do with reality and is a comedy therefore allows me to be easily diverted.

  • Personal relationships-the audience uses the media for predominantly emotional interaction

Hmm I don’t tend to substitute my life with characters from the media

  • Personal identity-constructing individual identity and characteristics from characters in the media

Erm I don’t really do that….O0O0O0O0O I would consider myself as ‘bitchy’ as Amanda from ugly Betty HAHAHA LOL I’m not that bitchy...I was joking lol :D

  • Surveillance- informational programmes, such as the news…

Or a 3 minute gossip news on bubble hits called Glenda’s showbiz gossip LOL o I watch the weather OOOO I know a good one I read the newspaper!!!! I like the tube ones: D metro lite etc

No comments: